Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mixed Bunch Congrats card

Good Morning Stamp Friends!!!

Happy Sunday to you! So far, I'm having a nice weekend. We went to Chuck E. Cheese's yesterday to celebrate my nieces 7th birthday. Happy Birthday, Alexa! While we were there, the storms came and it was scary for a while. We were under a tornado warning a one point, but luckily, all turned out well-with the exception of losing a huge portion of our tree at home. We'll be cleaninig up that mess today.

Here is a card that I made when we went away for a few days. I always like to take something with me and that can be quite a challenge. As you already know, card making is one of those crafts that take up a lot of space, so how do you narrow down something to take on a trip? Once again, I started with the DSP. I chose Comfort Cafe. Then I grabbed a couple sheets of each of the coordinating colors of card stock, ink pads & ribbon. I grabbed a couple stamp sets that I thought would work, the coordinating punch for Mixed Bunch and for embellishments, I brought the In-Color Dahlias. Here is what I came up with:


Supplies Used-

Stamps:
Mixed Bunch & Itty Bitty Banners

Paper:
Soft Suede, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla & Comfort Café DSP

Ink:
Midnight Muse

Other:
Punches (Fancy Flower & ¾”Circle), Midnight Muse 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon, In-Color Dahlias & Stampin’ Dimensionals©

Not too bad for a card with limited supplies! What do you think?

Well, I'm off to make pancakes for the boys and then I plan to get some organizing and cleaning done in my craft room, so I can be productive this week. I just participated in a Fall card swap, so I have a lot of cool cards to share with you. Please come back tomrorow to see what I made using the Frightening Feline stamp.

I hope you have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!! Glad you are back to posting! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I agree with Candi, I'm glad you are back to posting again. You always have wonderful cards. I was not all that keen on the comfort cafe DSP when the catalog came out, but now after seeing so much of it I love it. I also love how you put one of the dahlias in the middle of the flower, it is a great touch and adds dimention. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Have a great day!